- Providing the JCPDI Port Authority with the required legal consultation services in all legal related matters, cases and any issues that conflict with the JCPDI legal interests.
- Handle any legal matters pertaining to ships registered in the GCC, Asia and internationally.
- Represent the JCPDI Port Authority in cases relating to the seas, oceans and other open bodies of water.
- Represent the JCPDI Port Authority in the local and international courts and legal authorities, argue cases in courts, draft legal contracts and documents, negotiate agreements, and handle complaints about breaches of maritime laws, sea injuries or illness that are caused by seacraft or a company disposing waste into the water.
- Draft and review agreements, contracts, interview witnesses and write insurance agreements.
- Protect and defend JCPDI management or individuals operating in the port against any potential legal case, personal injury lawsuits.
- Coordinate with international and local maritime authorities to protect the JCPDI Port Authority interest and prevent against any legal issues.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree in maritime law or international law or relevant field with 8 years of field related experience..
- Strong maritime law background and awareness of international laws governing marine and seawater.
- Experience working within ports and minimum knowledge of port management, local and international marine regulations.
- Ministry of Justice certification to practice law will be preferred.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, management, communication skills and ability to interface with the staff at all levels
- Good English language skills including reading, writing and speaking.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Power Point Presentation).